What's next after you graduate from No Boundaries?
Simple! It's "Running 101" Our 10K Training Program!
Accept a new, exciting and FUN challenge!
Meet new friends!
Q? Already run a 5K? Maybe even want to pick up where you left off from No Boundaries? Learn how to run farther and faster?
A: If you answered "yes" to any of the above, then our 10K program, "Running 101" is for you!
Join Fleet Feet Sports Mahwah to accomplish finishing your first 10k. This program is geared toward moderately active runners, but welcomes anyone who has already accomplished the 5k distance. We'll have pace groups so that there will be a running partner at any level of intensity in the program. "Running 101" is a 12 week training program that builds you up to reaching your 10k distance goal while also providing you with motivation to keep you moving, guidance and advice, weekly group training runs , and educational clinics on topics such as proper nutrition, choosing the right gear, and avoiding injury. Plus, you’ll have the camaraderie of others just like you. This is a fun and rewarding program!
Our 2012 program is underway and closed to new participants. Our 2013 program will begin in the Fall of 2013.
Additional participant info:
- Participants need to have a minimum of a 5K mileage base as this is not a running program for first time runners.
- You'll receive weekly group training runs coached by runner(s) who have accumulated miles of experience at this distance.
- Runs are held Saturday mornings, at 7:45AM. Most will originate from Fleet Feet Mahwah. A few longer runs will originate at other local venues.
- You'll have pre-run clinics covering topics on how to approach this distance, as well as re-inforcing what you already know, but may have forgotten.
- There will be pace groups for different levels of ability, with mentors running along with you at YOUR pace.
- Track workouts may be included to help you learn to run faster in a way to minimize the risk of injury
- You'll receive a detailed schedule outlining each days activity during this 12 week program
- Cost of the program is $120--$100 for "Running 101-10K" alumni
- Having FUN is a must!
We welcome Nike, our partner & program sponsor!
Please show your thanks by supporting them at Fleet Feet Mahwah