The Fleet Feet Sports No Boundaries 5K training program is designed for beginner runners and people who are currently inactive or minimally active.
In March of 2008, FLEET FEET Sports, in conjunction with New Balance, introduced "No Boundaries" which was a program that was geared towards beginning runners.
The program is loads of fun, non-intimidating and is structured to help you cross the finish line of your first 5K in less than three months!
Along the way we provide you with motivation, guidance and advice, weekly group training runs, and educational clinics on topics such as proper nutrition, choosing the right gear, and avoiding injury. There will be pace groups for every level of runner so, you'll never be running alone. You'll successfully complete a 5K race by the end of the program, "make no bout a doubt it!" If you're a No Boundaries alumni, and want to improve your 5K times, a separate pace group will help you achieve that goal.
Participants age 14 and older are welcome but must be accompanied by, and run with a parent also taking part in the program. Our target race is the Ridgewood 5K Run on Memorial Day, May 25, 2015.
Our kick-off run for the Spring program will be Saturday, March 7, 2015. We will hold an info session for new members on Monday, March 2, 2015 at 6:30PM. Returning runners are welcome but the info night will review information you already know.
Sign up for our e-newsletter, follow us on Twitter, or become a Facebook fan to stay posted on the latest news of this great program.
YOU CAN DO THIS!
What's the Program Entail?
Every participant receives:
- A complete 12 week program with a schedule detailing weekly workouts
- A weekly, coached group training session at Fleet Feet Mahwah
- Informational clinics on proper footwear, injury prevention and nutrition
- A weekly email, with tips, advice, motivation & encouragement
- Dedicated support from coach(es) and answers to individual questions
- A technical running t-shirt, and if you attend 80% of the runs and finish the targeted race, a running jacket.
- Program cost: $110 new; $90 Alumni before January 1, 2015---$120 new; $100 Alumni January 1 and after. The race registration fee is extra.
- Alumni, if they wish, will have the option to split off from the beginner group, to learn how to run a faster 5K
- Typically runs will be held every Saturday at 7:45AM.
- For your safety, each runner must have a form of personal ID on them, that includes contact information, in case of emergency.